I have a study again! W00t!
Entire study refurbishment project involved:
- Disconnecting teh computer and taking everything out of the study
- Removing the wobbly corner-mounted light fitting that appeared to have been put in by a monkey. Replaced by nice IKEA light fitting in centre of ceiling. (What a concept!) Fitted by an electrician, because I do not wish to die horribly.
- Plastering the resulting gaps — this bit done by galaxy_girl00's dad, who has experience in such matters.
- Sitting around for months because I'm too lazy to get started on the painting.
- Covering all built-in shelves with newspaper and masking tape.
- Painting! 2-3 coats of white emulsion to cover the horrible mustard colour that it had previously been. Lower half of room done by galaxy_girl00. Upper half done by me. Involved a lot of being at the very top of a ladder, stretching to reach awkward corners, and contemplating my mortality.
- Scraping off paint that had got all over the shelves anyway.
- More painting! Gloss paint for all the skirting, door frame and inside of door. Getting somewhat high on fumes.
- Laying cork insulation and oak-veneer laminate flooring. Lots of sawing and cursing the not-quite-90-degree corners. Helped again in this bit by galaxy_girl00's dad. Okay, he did most of it. But I made the tea.
- Beading for the edges of the flooring. Again, not a huge amount of work actually done by me.
- Restoring contents of study, and connecting up computer again. Discovering that it's been off so long that an entire new release of its operating system has come out in the meantime.
Photos soon! Maybe.